Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 5 til Whatever Number It is Now

I left off writing updates while I was in Colorado. The first night in Denver, a woman set off the fire alarm by taking a shower. That water must've been hotter than the devil's spit in order to do that. So thank you, kind woman.
Since then, I drove through Wyoming to Salt Lake City, Utah.


From Salt Lake City, I drove to Reno, Nevada. On the way to Reno, I drove through the salt flats, so that was pretty unusual and cool.
I got out to take this picture and it was so salty, dry and the sun reflected so harshly that my eyes started to water profusely even though I had Costas on.
Nevada REALLY outdid themselves with their welcome sign. Can you even see it?

But at least the sunset was pretty.

After Reno, I finally made it to California!!
It took too much effort to take that picture so I hope you all appreciate it.

After taking a crazy winding road, I came to my destination - the incredibly populous town of Happy Camp, California. It is one of the prettiest places I've ever been and far different from most of my travel/living destinations.

Here's a video of a minute and a half of that windy ride. It doesn't have a song or anything fancy on it so don't bother with the volume. Oh, and ignore the reflections. It's really pretty though!


This is where I live. Oh and I get to kayak through rapids everyday. That's my job.

Today was my first day on the river. Six miles. I saw a Cooper's Hawk, Green Herons, Western Pond Turtles, Black Tail Deer, Common Mergansers and a HUGE turkey.


Also, I know I put up a lot of pictures; I like them more than typing a bunch.





No comments:

Post a Comment